The Show is open to everyone
|1||A fee of 40p per entry, under 18yrs are free.|
|2||Exhibits to be the bona fide property of the exhibitor with all fresh produce homegrown.|
|3||House plants must be exhibitors own for a minimum of 12 weeks prior to the show.|
|4||Exhibitors should not touch other entries, but request Steward’s help.|
|5||All awards are decided by judges whose decisions are binding and final.|
|6||Points will be awarded – 5 for 1st place, 3 for second place, 1 for 3rd place|
|7||Only one entry per class per exhibitor allowed.|
|8||All entries must be un-named to allow blind judging.|
|9||Entries must be removed immediately after 3.30pm.|
|10||The hall will be open to stage exhibits from 8.30am to 12 noon. No entries allowed after that.|
|11||The exhibition will be open to the public from 2.15pm.|
|12||The Organisers will not be responsible for damage to entries but all reasonable care will be taken with them.|
|13||Exhibitors must complete the entry form and submit it by 5pm on Friday 3rd September. No extra entries will be allowed on the day.|
|14||Category winners will be announced at 3.30pm on the day of the show at which time the awards will be presented and exhibitors remove their exhibits.|
Deadline for Entry
- Entry forms must be submitted either electronically from our website ryeflowerandvegshow.co.uk with payment being made when you bring your exhibits, or delivered to Helena Hudd 19 Rope Walk Rye TN31 7NA by 5pm on Friday 3rd September.
- No extra entries will be allowed on the day
- Cheques to ‘Rye Flower and Veg Show’. Cash welcome.
- All entries must be brought to the community centre and staged between 8.30am and 12 noon Saturday 4th September.
- Judging will commence at 12 noon sharp. Everyone except the judges, show secretary and stewards must vacate the hall by 12 noon.
- The exhibition will open to the public at 2.15pm when the results will be displayed
- Exhibitors will be asked to remove their entries immediately after the prize giving.
Special Covid Measures
- The show will be run in accordance whatever Government guidelines are in force on the date of the show.
- Exhibitors may be required to wear masks when setting out their exhibits.
- Hand gel or wipes will be available.
- On the morning of the show, exhibitors will collect their entry cards from reception and will be allocated a preparation area to prepare their exhibits prior to placing them on the show bench. Consequently, delays may arise and so we would ask you to be patient.
- A one way system through the hall will be operated for visitors to the show in the afternoon
- The presentation will be short and informal and may be held outside to facilitate social distancing.
- Unfortunately, refreshments will not be available this year
- Should the Covid situation deteriorate, we reserve the right to cancel the show.